I love this time of year with all of the fun decor, but I also struggle with finding the space to store it all, so anything reversible makes me all kinds of happy. I’ve got six holiday banner ideas for ya, and did I mention no-sew? Double win!
Have you seen the cute wooden Target ‘gather’ banner in the dollar section? I wanted to take it home, but the colors didn’t work with my scheme so I decided to DIY it and make it my own. I went with a black & white base since it works for both fall and winter holidays.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 in. wire ribbon (I got mine in the Hobby Lobby floral section and there is this one available on Amazon)
- baker’s twine (Target dollar spot)
- letters (white/gold, Target dollar spot; silver, Michaels)
- paint & foam brushes (optional, if you need to paint letters)
Putting it together is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Cut and fold the ribbon in half.
- Hot glue the letters.
- Throw in the twine and hot glue the edges.
This was the “boo” one I made for Halloween/Christmas.
Then flip the banner over and add new letters. For this one, I just painted red over the gold glitter letters I already had.
I wanted a couple Halloween banners, so I made ‘spooky’ as well. I used the silver glitter letters on this one because I always like a touch of glam.
And the back will double as a Thanksgiving banner! I painted over the gold letters with metallic copper.
And here is another option for Christmas/New Year’s.
It’s such a fun and easy way to add a pop of color to your mantle, entryway or a wreath.
Decor for two holidays – can’t beat that!