Black, White, and Orange Fall Table Decoration ideas to create a fun and festive holiday table for Halloween, Thanksgiving or everyday fall dining.
Although a Neutral Fall Tablescape or one with Rustic and Natural Elements are great for Thanksgiving table decorations, this black and white buffalo check with a pop of orange creates a fun and bold statement that works for both Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Step 1: Planning
What to choose:
- Black and white buffalo check runner placemats, napkins, or place cards.
- Orange pumpkins, napkin rings, or candles for a pop of color.
- Wood or metal chargers or placemats.
Step 2: Choose your focal point
- Start with a centerpiece or runner.
- Plan the rest of your table around it.
For this tablescape, the buffalo check runner was my starter, or focal point. I got it at Hobby Lobby, but if you can’t find a buffalo check runner, you can also buy some fabric and cut it to size.
Step 3: Build the tablescape
- Finalize your centerpiece
- Add candles
- Layer place settings
This galvanized metal cake stand adds some height to the centerpiece, but not too much height so guests can’t see each other.
Because the buffalo check runner is pretty busy pattern, I used the white and orange pumpkins so it wouldn’t compete, and the velvet adds some nice texture.
It’s also nice to include something to frame and complement the centerpiece, like these pumpkins on candle holders that are a little smaller than the main centerpiece.
Candles are definitely a must! To add a variation of orange and help create that fall cozy feel, I included the glitter orange pumpkin candles.
I also included some on the sides of the centerpiece since there was room.
A layered setting adds more visual interest so sometimes I use both a placemat and a charger. The chargers tie in with the cake stands, too.
I always use basic white plates and then add some flair with the salad plates, napkins or place cards. This time I went with basic white plates and napkins, but added the buffalo check and orange pumpkins for place cards.
And if you want to use it for Halloween as well, you can easily add some paper plates and centerpiece additions like the “web” candles below.
The spider paper plates were a big hit with my kids!
I just love the black and white with the pops of orange!
I will be sharing a couple more Thanksgiving tablescape ideas for a Simple Fall Tablescape Series soon!
Shop This Tablescape:
- White Nantucket Dinner Plates – World Market
- White Nantucket Salad Plates – World Market
- Stemless Wine Glasses – Amazon
- Silver Flatware (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Galvanized Metal Chargers – Hobby Lobby
- Placemats – IKEA
- White Napkins – Home Goods or Amazon
- Black and White Buffalo Check Runner – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Galvanized Metal Cake Stand – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- White Pumpkins – Hobby Lobby (in store) and Home Goods
- Orange Velvet Pumpkins – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Candle Holders – IKEA
If you like this post, please pin it!
This post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you purchase any of the products, but all opinions are my own.