Decorate your Thanksgiving Table with Gray and Plaid to create a warm and cozy atmosphere for Thanksgiving or everyday fall dining.
If you liked my Neutral or Rustic and Plaid tablescapes, this gray and plaid Thanksgiving tablescape will be right up your alley because it combines some neutral gray elements along with some plaid and pops of orange to brighten up your Thanksgiving table.
Step 1: Planning
What to choose:
- Plaid runner, tablecloth, placemats, or napkins.
- Gray, orange, and white pumpkins and natural sprigs
- Wood or metal/silver chargers or placemats.
Step 2: Choose your focal point
- Start with a centerpiece or runner.
- Plan the rest of your table around it.
For this tablescape, the plaid table covering was my starter, or focal point. It’s a scarf from Hobby Lobby, but you can also look for plaid tablecloths or fabric.
Step 3: Build the tablescape
- Finalize your centerpiece
- Add candles
- Layer place settings
This low-profile trough box allows for a mix of pretty items inside that will create visual interest and pops of color.
Because the plaid is a bold and busy pattern, I used gray and white pumpkins with a few orange pumpkins and springs so it wouldn’t compete, and the velvet adds some nice texture.
Because of the length and how far it extends across the table, that’s the only centerpiece I needed on the table.
I also added some cake and cupcake stands inside the trough box to give the pumpkins some height variation.
Candles are definitely a must so I included a few in the trough box. You could also use longer taper candles, too.
A layered setting adds more visual interest so sometimes I use both a placemat and a charger.
I always use basic white plates and then add some flair with the salad plates, napkins or place cards. This time I went with basic white plates and napkins, but added a gray napkin with the velvet pumpkins and a leaf for the place card.
You can also add some flair by using decorative Thanksgiving paper plates.
I just love the gray mixed with some plaid and burnt orange! It’s so pretty and great for everyday fall dining as well.
I will be sharing a couple more Thanksgiving tablescape ideas for a Simple Fall Tablescape Series soon!
Shop This Tablescape:
- White Nantucket Dinner Plates – World Market
- White Nantucket Salad Plates – World Market
- Wine Glasses (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Silver Flatware (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Silver Chargers – Amazon
- Placemats – IKEA
- Gray “Oh So Thankful” Napkins – Home Goods
- Plaid Table Covering – Hobby Lobby scarf (in store)
- Trough box – Very Jane (tutorial on how to DIY here)
- Large White Cake Stand – Home Goods
- Small White Cake Stand – Target
- White & Gray Pumpkins – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Orange Velvet Pumpkins – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Orange springs – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Candle Holders – IKEA
If you like this post, please pin it!
This post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you purchase any of the products, but all opinions are my own.