Neutral Gray and White Fall Tablescape for Thanksgiving dinner or everyday fall dining.
Step 1: Planning
What to choose:
- White runner, tablecloth, placemats, or napkins.
- Gray and white pumpkins, natural sprigs and beads.
- Wood or metal/silver chargers or placemats.
Step 2: Choose your focal point
- Start with a centerpiece or runner.
- Plan the rest of your table around it.
For this tablescape, the trough box with pumpkins was my starter, or focal point.
Step 3: Build the tablescape
- Finalize your centerpiece
- Add candles
- Layer place settings
This low-profile trough box allows for a mix of pretty items inside that will create visual interest and candlelight.
Because of the length and how far it extends across the table, that’s the only centerpiece I needed on the table.
I also added some cake and cupcake stands inside the trough box to give the pumpkins some height variation.
Candles are definitely a must so I included a few in the trough box. You could also use longer taper candles, too.
A layered setting adds more visual interest so sometimes I use both a placemat and a charger.
I always use basic white plates and then add some flair with the salad plates, napkins or place cards. This time I went with basic white plates, but added a gray napkin with the white pumpkins and a leaf for the place card to keep it neutral.
I just love the crisp and clean look of a neutral tablescape! It’s so pretty and great for everyday fall dining as well.
I will be sharing a couple more Thanksgiving tablescape ideas for a Simple Fall Tablescape Series soon!
Shop This Tablescape:
- White Nantucket Dinner Plates – World Market
- White Nantucket Salad Plates – World Market
- Wine Glasses (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Silver Flatware (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Silver Chargers – Amazon
- Placemats – IKEA
- Gray “Oh So Thankful” Napkins – Home Goods
- White ruffle runner – Home Goods
- Trough box – Very Jane (tutorial on how to DIY here)
- Large White Cake Stand – Home Goods
- Small White Cake Stand – Target
- White & Gray Pumpkins – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Natural Beads – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Candle Holders – IKEA
If you like this post, please pin it!
This post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you purchase any of the products, but all opinions are my own.