Neutral Gray and White Fall Tablescape for Thanksgiving dinner or everyday fall dining.
Although I love fall colors, decorating with Neutrals or Grays is one of my favorites for fall. This gray and white table setting is crisp, clean and works with all decor styles.
Step 1: Planning
What to choose:
- White runner, tablecloth, placemats, or napkins.
- Gray and white pumpkins, natural sprigs and beads.
- Wood or metal/silver chargers or placemats.
Step 2: Choose your focal point
- Start with a centerpiece or runner.
- Plan the rest of your table around it.
For this tablescape, the trough box with pumpkins was my starter, or focal point.
Step 3: Build the tablescape
- Finalize your centerpiece
- Add candles
- Layer place settings
This low-profile trough box allows for a mix of pretty items inside that will create visual interest and candlelight.
Because of the length and how far it extends across the table, that’s the only centerpiece I needed on the table.
I also added some cake and cupcake stands inside the trough box to give the pumpkins some height variation.
Candles are definitely a must so I included a few in the trough box. You could also use longer taper candles, too.
A layered setting adds more visual interest so sometimes I use both a placemat and a charger.
I always use basic white plates and then add some flair with the salad plates, napkins or place cards. This time I went with basic white plates, but added a gray napkin with the white pumpkins and a leaf for the place card to keep it neutral.
I just love the crisp and clean look of a neutral tablescape! It’s so pretty and great for everyday fall dining as well.
I will be sharing a couple more Thanksgiving tablescape ideas for a Simple Fall Tablescape Series soon!
Shop This Tablescape:
- White Nantucket Dinner Plates – World Market
- White Nantucket Salad Plates – World Market
- Wine Glasses (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Silver Flatware (not exact, but similar) – Amazon
- Silver Chargers – Amazon
- Placemats – IKEA
- Gray “Oh So Thankful” Napkins – Home Goods
- White ruffle runner – Home Goods
- Trough box – Very Jane (tutorial on how to DIY here)
- Large White Cake Stand – Home Goods
- Small White Cake Stand – Target
- White & Gray Pumpkins – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Natural Beads – Hobby Lobby (in store)
- Candle Holders – IKEA
If you like this post, please pin it!
This post contains some affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you purchase any of the products, but all opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply